Bought this 5 about 6 years ago. Havent done much kms in it since ![]()
First picts of car at home:
What are the plans for it ?
The plan is to get this car work and look the way it should. First thing is shoping ![]()
Engine wise, the car needed new turbo. Also changed thermostat, fan swich,…
Front bumper was broken so needed fixing. All plastic work was done good. Then the guy who painted the bumper painted bumper strips… :negative.gif:
looks nice in sliver
Looks very original, I’d keep it like that meself:ca::bz:
At that time, car wasnt road ligal and stil had some problems. Just before boost there was some hestiation. Also alternator light was coming on… bought new alternator and changed the wather pump as well…
After this, brake problems. When I brake the car shake ![]()
New discs it is. And the track rods. And the ruber on the axle :negative.gif:. And the berings :ireful2.gif:. And brake fluid reservar leake. Eh…
The torx screw is F__ked, great. But track rod ends are new ![]()
Bought OE weels. You cant get car road legal in Slovenia if its not OE. You can but its complicated…
After new discs and bearings and track rods were fited the car was still shaking when I was braking at speeds faster than 100km/h. Thets becouse poor quality discs were fited (bought from Uks well known seller :negative.gif:with a lot of other poor quality parts…). Bought Brembo and changed flexible breided lines and new Motul brake oil and now it is working, well just fine. Still the filing is not 100% so will be chacking on brakes…
After like 3 or 4 years I decided it was time to finali get on it and get car mechaniclly perfect. Parts:
If the renault can supply buy from renault! Most of the time chiper than other suppliers.
Found a mechanic that rebuilds old porsch and mercs and jags, shoving him the car he said it was pice of cake… It will be ready in 3 days…
What a mistake :ireful2.gif: it was…
Oh dear, that doesnt sound good… ![]()
Wow, time goes by… ![]()
So to shorten the story on my GTT…
I dont have a garage and the tools to fix the 5 so I had to pay mecanics to do the 101 jobs on car. And all the mechanics were shit. The mechanic mentioned above really put me off and made a lot of damage on car. The car was parked for a few weeks before I even think about looking at it. At that time I was into running and would reather go running for an hour or two (or three, or four…
then fixing car. Then one day I decided to fix my 5. I was working on car all day and I fixed all issues. Nex day my 5 was road legal. Then gearbox failed. The end. :),
Sold the 5 to rally champion here in Slovenia. Its been restored an looks like new now.
But, thinking about buying another GTT brought me here again.
Anyone imported gtt from japan?
Sorry to hear you first experience was not so good… ![]()
I loved Silver GTT’s, and very nearly bought one when I purchased my Raider.
Don’t know anyone who has bought a GTT from Japan, but they seem to be about there..