1989 f reg renault 21 gts, currently sat in the corner not being used.
Bought without viewing and the engine smoked with anything more than tootling. It did however pass an mot as its a decent shell with mileage at the time around 48k.
[B]
[/B]
The engine was removed and replaced with volvo b18ft engine, mostly oem with a front mount intercooler. Increased boost approx 160bhp.
Mated to the original exhaust to retain a quiet drive. I do have a 21 turbo stainless system with oval tip available at extra cost.
Fuel system was replaced with its turbo variant. This has however inverted the fuel gauge, whichever way it’s wired up.
I wasn’t a fan of the blue interior so that was removed, and can be included with the car. That was replaced with ph2 grey front seats, a turbo steering wheel and a period aluminium group N cage. The cage is now for show, only secured through seatbelt mounts as I was reluctant to modify the car by welding in mounts as the internal bodywork is so nice.
The front bumper has been replaced with a prima 21 turbo europacup version, modified to suit the longer wheelbase, with oem foglamps replacing the rally spots.
Prima 21 turbo europacup side skirts, modified to fit correctly, and lengthened.
Both finished in textured grey.
Bonnet has been painted, but it was rushed and primer has sunk. Fine from some angles, awful from others. I have the correct paint for it to be redone.
16" 4x100 renault scenic 7 spoke alloys, but the gts stud pattern allows a larger selection of possible wheels.
It has also been lowered, approx 80mm to suit the bodykit. The front suspension does need to be reworked, various available springs were not suitable and is currently on “shorter” oem springs.
Whilst driving normally its fine, but not when driven hard and does aquaplane over puddles!
Its not had much use so not many pics of it out
With a bit of mix/match, Gaz can put together the suitable struts. I’ve not proceeded as I’ve not used the car since chatting with them. It’s been in storage approx 18mths and only used for 400miles the year before.
I have borrowed a few bits for other cars but will be complete and running for a sale.
Currently no mot, ns jacking points wants a partial repair, the actual jacking strip, not the full triangle.
I am willing to repair and mot for a buyer, and replace the suspension for additional costs.
I am reluctant to sell this as i may not have increased its value to others, but its quite rare and unique. I’m sure I’ll come back to it when time allows so my price is firm. £3000 as is, running.
Restoration quality repair to jacking point, paint bonnet, supply/fit coilovers, tracking, supply and fit stainless exhaust, serviced, valeted with mot..ready to use £4500.






























