R5 GTT - C1J Bare Block

Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone has a C1J block going for grabs? :smiley:
Cheers,
Kd.

What are you planning on doing with it? I have one in the garage, stripped bare, have everything but liners

Hi Nick, hope all is well :slight_smile:
Basically, I’m doing a rebuild with a steel bottom end. Need a stock block as the one on Ralph has been skimmed - along with the pistons and liners. Last year I had to sell my house and move out, hence, I gave two engines etc away. At the time … if I had any … then I would have stripped the blocks and used them myself

If you don’t come across one in the next couple of weeks I will have one for you after my night shifts are finished
Foc just send your courier

Sounds like another case of life getting in the way of fun, pretty much the same reason this one hasn’t been rebuilt.
It’s been store in a damp garage so will need a good cleanbuo, I was going to get a local company to acid dip it but never got that far.
Not sure if youngscottie is closer or how much of a rush you’re in?

Thats fantastic, cheers for the offer :slight_smile:

Hi Nick :slight_smile:
Brilliant news, thank you. Will need the block within the next 6-8 weeks, hence, no massive rush … just a massive requirement :slight_smile:

Agree about life and its toll :frowning: #KeepSmiling

Hi mate
I’m struggling for time to strip this engine
Would you take it with the crank still in if so it’s ready anytime
Also I work next door to H&R gray which is a pallet line agent
Can take it there for you if needed
If not can put on pallet and leave out for courier
Alan

@Kris M might have spare for sale

I’m not wanting anything for it buddy
Would only cost courier

Alan, thank you - would be fantastic, very much appreciated :slight_smile: Taking it to the H&R would be bang on I dont mind the block not being empty. Would they give you a quote beforehand? Then I can sort cost. If they can estimate date, then I can know someone will be around to collect … I know live it a flat, so if a date couldn’t be arranged, It would be a case of delivering to my dads address Again, many many thanks :))))))))

Will sort it out and get your address over the next few days
When I got my F7p from Grimsby last year I think I paid £78
Just to give you a ball park figure
You can deal with them direct and I’d just take to them
Should have on pallet Wednesday night could drop there Thursday/Friday

HR Gray :: Home

Tip top, thank you. I’ll send you a pm :slight_smile: