Well I have done a deal with my cup car and I now have a bit of a project 1986 5 phase 1. I’m Looking forward to getting started on her. Heres a few pics.
Ahhhhhhhhh! I recognise that car and I recognise where the cup car has gone !
Looks like both of you have lucked out on the cars.
I absolutely adore both the cup cars and the phase 1 cars.
Yeah. I really wanted this phase 1 and Ross wanted the cup. I never thought I would part with the cup car but this was the only way.:yes3.gif:
I dont think either of you have lost out Luke ! You literally cannot go wrong with either.
Watching this topic ![]()
Like a phase 1 project ![]()
Neither did I mate… shocked when I see it.
Good luck with the project though. Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks mate. :drinks.gif:
I will get to see you race this year Dave, be good to catch up bud.
is the plan to get this one minty fresh?
The plan is to get an mot then decide how far i go.But yes minty fresh would be what i am looking for.Bodywork is really good . Doors aren’t to clever and I haven’t had a real good look underneath. Interior is bang on tho. Just a good clean needed.
I knew that was your Cup car that had moved onto pastures new!
Love the new project! :i-m_so_happy.gif:
Awesome phase 1!
What’s the deal with electic windows on a phase 1?
Was it an optional extra?
Yes. Called the electric pack.
i remember my old electric blue ph1 had electric windows. would love another, i think its still alive stashed away with alex simpson
Mine has electric windows too. And the infa-red locking module ![]()
I’m looking forward to having a look over this one
it’ll probably make me want the standard interior back in mine.
Great projet to have Luke, be great to see this moving. I may have a couple of good doors hiding up if you need them, I’ll have to have a good luck though. They have been covered up for years.
Thanks Andy. I haven’t ruled out finding a good panel beater that could maybe get the dents out.we will see.
I will let u know buddy cheers :drinks.gif:
Little update.I had scratcher aka Richard around today to have a look over the ph1. I will let him explain exactly what he did but for now this is my version he cleaned and clayed an area which to be honest was terrible it felt like sand paper.
After a quick buff it looked like this
photo doesn’t do it justice. Rich said the whole cars paint work is original so I really want to try and save the doors. If anyone knows a real good panel beater please let me know. I have promised the wife I will decorate the whole house before I start this project, I have one more room left then all systems go:boast.gif:. I would highly recommend rich for any detailing he’s a top bloke and can’t wait for him to start this.:drinks.gif:
Holy smoke ! Just look how well that has come up !
Yeah really impressed . Rich reckons it will come up better ,it was just a quick test today to see if it could be saved ,fingers crossed. I am sad when it comes to keeping things original.:rolleyes:




