Meglio conversion gearbox mount issues

Hi there,

I’m currently about to run the engine for the first time in my Megane 225 swapped Clio 200 (left hand drive) but I’ve run into an issue fitting the engine and gearbox assembly. I’ve read the most popular conversion build threads here but I can’t find any reference to this issue.

It seems like the 225 gearbox selector mechanism rubs with the Clio gearbox mount on the chassis if I bolt the gearbox mount completely. In addition to this, it also rubs with the hydraulic line of the clutch. I’ve added a picture for reference:

My question is: do people usually trim the gearbox mount underside in the Clio chassis to avoid this issue or am I missing something really obvious? Is there a difference perhaps between RHD Clios and LHD Clios in the rest of Europe with the hydraulic line of the clutch?

Cheers,
Al.

What mount did you use on the gearbox? Need the lower part from the megane which bolts to the gearbox not the Clio one.

I used a short shift to reduce the throw on the selector and never had any problems.

Take the clutch dampener off and move the pipe out of the way. You dont need it, megane 2 does not have it.

Cheers Mark. On the attached diagram, I’m using the Megane part that bolts to the gearbox (yellow) and the Clio gearbox mount thing with the powerflex insert (blue).

Didn’t know about this, will do. Thanks =D

That’s how I have mine. All parts of the mount there? From memory there’s a piece that goes inside the clio mount should be part of the mount(blue) sits on the yellow.

Now that you mention it, I remember a black rubber washer-thing that goes where you are describing and I’m not using. Sounds familiar? I will check tonight after work

I had to dremel my gearbox mount down a bit to allow me to get reverse when i did mine. Not much, just a couple of mm where it caught the linkage.

Yes like a rubber top hat that sits inside the mount.

I sorted it tonight. I had to trim the clutch damper support and the engine mount as @DaveL485 suggested. I’m using all 3 of the powerflex mount inserts so it might be the cause of the rubbing. Picture below in case somebody finds it useful:

Also, @Mark_L turns out the rubber washer thing doesn’t fit if you are using the gearbox mount powerflex insert.

Cheers,
Al.