Lancer Evolution X FQ360

This Evo X came in about a little while ago for a freshen up.
The interior smelt awful. The exterior had had a ‘detail’ elsewhere and the engine bay had never been touched.

A deep clean inside, outside and a single stage machine polish was in store.

Detailed, eh?

Prewashed with Auto Finesse Avalanche.
Wheels tyres and arches cleaned with Auto Finesse Imperial, Verso and Iron Out.
2 bucket wash with Lather, followed with tardis, Iron Out and clay.

The interior was scrubbed, steamed and fogged to deep clean it and remove the smell of smoke for good.

Onto the polishing.

Mirrors were very hazy.

A soft 50/50

ODK Wax Eclipse was used for protection.

Wheels sealed with ODK Momentum.

The HKS exhaust tips were polished.

Interior plastics dressed with ODK Cabin.

Exterior trims were dressed with Auto Finesse Revive,
Glass sealed with Bouncer’s,
Tyres with gyeon,

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:
Comments and questions always welcomed.

So I always wondered this having made a mistake of buying a car before from a heavy smoker

Can you really get the smell gone forever…I got the worst of it with all the well know normal methods but always a hint that would show itself

Of course there are no doubt other smells one would not like present on a car…

Cheers

DG

Great work as always

I’m going to have to bring a car to you soon @scratcher ! :friends.gif:

Thanks @Duncan Grier :slight_smile:
Yep, you really can remove the smell for good. My Bora was owned by a smoker when I bought it. It had a full deep clean and the smell has never returned.

Cheers @Big Steve - Raider :slight_smile:
Sure, just give me a shout buddy.

Top work as always

what would you recommend to clean an engine bay fella? I use WD 40 if I’m feeling rich

Thanks @jamesy12345 :smiley:

To clean it, an all purpose cleaner and some brushes to agitate it is all you’ll need.
Then you can dress the plastic and rubber bits. An easy to get hold of product is AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber care :slight_smile: