Issues / concerns - please add to this thread

I have moved us across to a different platform.

If you have any issues, concerns of questions please start a new thread or list in here. I

2 Likes

I know about the following :

  1. Car register is missing.

This is a work in progress. Working on something better than we had before

  1. Gifs dont work

Ill sort!

eventually!

Cookie Monster Says Hello There

Gifs now working

2 Likes

Hello There

1 Like

Not an issue or concern - just wanted to post to say thanks for keeping this place alive. Really useful resource for me.

I’m also up for paying for the subscription but could not work out how to do that. Can you point me in the right direction?

I am working on revision 2.

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

Hi is it just me? On the old site my user name was Stevem and on the new site it is now Hxa? There does not seem to be a way to change this back. It also means all my old posts are not linked to my name. Great work on the upgrade, just wanted to let you know about the issue.

I have just opened a conversation with you!

Cool new software :slight_smile:

Is it possible for me to disable background images and have it just plain? I can’t find a setting in preferences or anything like that.

It’s way too visually busy for me like this.

2 Likes

Not at the minute @Neal_R19

Ill have to work on that!

1 Like

@Neal_R19

I have now made some crude adjustments.

That will dull things down a bit.

Our of curiosity what did you find too much? Just the background image?

Yeah, it’s probably just because it’s new tbh. Trying to navigate around a new site with a lot of visual clutter added by images in the back, with content being translucent was just a bit much.

2 Likes

Let me know if you return or have any suggestions. Keen to get feedback Neal!

I have stopped the dynamic background changes on all but the main page

The skin for the mobile version is also adjusted.

Please try it out and let me know your thoughts. If you don’t like something or it doesn’t work in the way you expect please let me know. I just need some constructive feedback. Things like I don’t like it aren’t helpful. Tell me what you don’t like. Eg the contrast isn’t good. I cant read the text.

I have made some changes to the way the site looks on mobile AND desktop.

Id recommend you use the dark mode on desktop

You can switch with this icon

1 Like

More changes

  • Experimental AI summarisation of topics.
  • Centered the icon for reactions on bottom left of the posts
  • Car registration completed. Filterable.
  • Colours / divider lines recreated and stripes dropped. Works light and dark
  • Rounded edges
  • Optimised glass effects

Are you seeing anything you might like changing?

Its been a week on the new platform and I have had previous little feedback.

Anyone missing anything? Enjoying anything?

I like it, took a while to get acclimatised, picture upload/layout is better.

Thanks for your hard work.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback @Turbell

If you spot anything the doesnt quite work for you let me know and Ill try and adjust. @Adey was great for feedback.

The reply box is too small, can you make it bigger or do I have to click the arrow every time?