Cazan Racing Clio

I’ve had my Clio 200 since new in 2010, at first I was really happy with the performance but then as the weeks went by I soon realised it need more.

This is how she was when I picked her up…




I started with the usual mods, Milltek exhaust, lowering springs, ITG filter and a remap. As I am also the owner of a carbon fibre and performance accessories company I thought it would be rude not to put some carbon on it..

And then I thought i’d play around with some stickers…

Next up was the center silencer delete for some great pops and bangs..

Next up was the darker rear lights…

Obviously by this stage the Clio wasn’t quick enough so this switch appeared…

Yes you guessed it I stuck a 50bhp shot of Nos on it, controlled by a Max Extreme progressive controller…

The Nos was awesome but I still wanted more so a 64mm Throttle Body and V6 Airbox was on the cards…

Please excuse the test fit picture complete with tie wraps. lol

As many of you are aware the Clio’s throttle response is crap so a Sprintbooster was fitted…

Once this little lot was on, the car was quite frankly epic. The Nos made such a difference as did the Sprintbooster, unfortunately Nos fill ups are expensive and I have a habit of using too much so in the end the poor girl died, she coughed, she spat a valve and one of her pistons crumbled…

And that brings us up to…

Gearbox:

  • Clio 200 gearbox
  • New clutch kit

Chassis:

  • Ultra Racing upper strut bar
  • Ultra Racing lower chassis brace
  • Ultra Racing rear ARB
  • Cazan Racing 330mm brake kit
  • One-off BC Racing BR Series Coilover kit
  • Powerflex anti-lift & castor adjustable lower arm rear bushes
  • Powerflex lower arm from bushes
  • Powerflex 20.5mm anti-roll bar bushes

Wheels/Tyres:

  • Rota Boost 17x8 et45
  • Nankang NS-2r

Bodywork:

  • Cazan Racing Carbon Fibre bonnet
  • Cazan Racing Carbon fibre cup spoiler tips
  • Cazan Racing Front bumper corner splitters
  • Cazan Racing Front bumper canards
  • Custom made tow hook

The final figures as you can see are very impressive and turn the car into a real animal that has surprised a few people :slight_smile:

293bhp
297lb torque

So here is the finished car completely de-stickered for the stealth look..

A few from Cadwell

IMG_7686 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7717 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7718 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7721 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7727 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7735 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7751 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7768 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7780 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

Wheels after a scrub by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7682 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7763 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7687 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7690 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7693 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

IMG_7702 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

Was using CL RC6 pads which were epic but they ruined the white alloys so swapped them for some DS2500 and powdercoated the alloys black.


untitled-34 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

White car. White wheels.

It’s the way forward.

Lovely motor! (Shame you repainted the wheels lol)

Thanks Dave.

I loved the white on white look but the RC6 pads really eat into them. I had no option but to refurb them so opted for black. The alloys were only 6 months old too.

Funny you should say that i’ve just fitted some white wheels to my 21 and the last chap didn’t clean them too well, i’m going to have a mission getting them anywhere near white again!

Just ensure you treat them with a good wheel sealant. I put on some composite mould release on mine now and it does the trick but I must’ve put £50’s worth on them

Class…

Any recommendations ? I have noticed that my ds2500 when warm has started pock marking my rims :frowning:

The C5 wheel Armour fromm G-Techniq is highly rated Andy, i’d have used it myself but thought id try the Freecote I had laying around

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c5-wheel-armour/

Ill get some of that. I have the c4 stuff ( i think ! ) for plastic rejuvenation.

Love this thing every time I see it
Well done

AWESOME looking and modified motor chap! (y)

:clapping.gif:That looks like a right weapon. Well done

What pads are you running in the brembo calipers? i got mintex 1144 just to start with heard there not great tho

Ds2500

ive always ran carbon lorraines on my other clio’s, got ds2500’s on the current one and i think i may need to change soon. Seem to go off quite quickly with some spirited driving?