BMW 535d Detail

I thought I’d pop up some of my work to busy this section up a little.

So the car to begin with…

The wheels were refurbished not long ago and were only a little dirty.

So first of all, the car was pre-soaked with VP Cirtus Pre Wash (I like the AF bottle and spray head so kept using it)

While that was doing it’s thing, I had a look at the space Max had lined up for the detail :slight_smile:

Not too shabby!

The car was rinsed and washed with Zaino Z7 and the good ol’ 2BM

The wheels were cleaned with AF Imperial, this was done before the wash.

Then hit with Tardis, rinsed Wolf’s Decon Gel, rinsed and then clayed.

Not a lot came off of most panels, but the side skirts were pretty bad

While I was claying, Wolf’s Decon gel was applied to the wheels and left to work

A final wash with Z7, rinsed and taken inside to dry.

As you can see, there was no protection left on the car.

Dried with Demon Shine and microfiber drying towel.

I then went around the car with my halogen ligt checking out defects and such.

The car was taped up and polished with the Meguiar’s microfiber correction kit, well, the compounding side anyway.

50/50’s weren’t coming out so well. Here’s the rear door polished and the front not.

Front door polished compared to front wing.

A scratch on the sideskirt was pretty deep so it was reduced as much as I felt was safe.

Before

After

Car park mark

Rear quarter against unpolished bootlid

There was a ‘handbag’ type scratch on the boot lid too which was removed. I tried a 50/50 on it too but couldn’t capture it properly.

Found out that the boot comfortably takes one, maybe 2 if they’re small :slight_smile:

Once the first polishing set was complete, the finish wasn’t all that bad and only needed light refining.

Pink Moose on an orange Menz pad did the trick and left a super slick finish.

Once the whole car was done, the LSP of choice was Menzerna Powerlock.
The front and rear screen were treated with G4 and G5.

Polished the exhaust with Auto Finesse Mercury, while I dressed the tyres with Meg’s Endurance.

That sealant was buffed away, door shuts wiped down with Wolf’s ‘Quickie’ carnuba quick detailer.

And the finished shots :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

And comments and such are always welcome :slight_smile: