Rushed out at lunch to use DashCmd and my odb2 dongle.
O2 sensor one value fluctuating between just over 0v then .65v
Car idle is rough and smells of fuel
Rushed out at lunch to use DashCmd and my odb2 dongle.
O2 sensor one value fluctuating between just over 0v then .65v
Car idle is rough and smells of fuel
Resistance shall be measure tomorrow @Adey
![]()
![]()
Almost live injector resistance results are in.
( from gearbox to offside )
Inj1 15.9
Inj2 16.4
Inj3 16.4
Inj4 15.8
All there , or thereabouts. They look cosmetically in ok condition.
Must be o2 or TDC then at a guess.
I have had a busy day!
I found some spare part treasure including :
Guess that should save me having to invest in these as apparently these were changed over 10mo ago
I am not sure what the part that resembles a kazoo is ( top , right ) though?
I also washed the car to get rid of the salt from the run back from the bodyshop and all the bodyshop dust etc.
Its a very photgenic car but dont be under any illusion. There are marks on a lot of the panels. Its not perfect by a long way
I noticed when I purchased the car my knob was worn.
Thanks to a very helpful man over at Diamond-Performance I recieved a new knob sticker.
I then put it into the very new, very high tech paint booth and lacquered it. Its currently in there drying now
Before
Decal applied
Top removed to apply lacquer in new paint booth
Finally the nearside light was frustrating me. It was cloudy as heck. I purchased a cheap “wipe” kit on Amazon and had a go. Nothing to lose really!
Its only gone and worked!
Before
What it should look like
After
Looks like a gearbox speedo pickup as theses don’t use the abs rings like a normal Renault sport Clio
Looks like a gearbox speedo pickup as theses don’t use the abs rings like a normal Renault sport Clio
Thank you!
O2 sensor ordered. Cannot wait to try and get under the clio.
all being well itll just come out easily (y)
all being well itll just com out easily (y)
I have also purchased a new metal drill bit , a blowtorch , angle grinder, tap and die set and swear jar.
#AlwaysPrepared.
Does anyone know the OE colour for the callipers on a 172 cup?
The brochure I have doesn’t stipulate the colour
I have seen several grey and several yellow callipers.
Mine are a bit scabby so hovering over a rattle can of yellow VHT or grey VHT.
I think they were silver from factory, never yellow
Cant make them out tbh, I thought they were stock silver, but unpainted. These look like they have gone dark. Old pics of my 2 year old cup back in 2005/2006!
Lovely looking cup;) , The brake calipers were not painted from factory just a bare metal finish
Lovely looking cup;) , The brake calipers were not painted from factory just a bare metal finish
I might have to cheat and go silver to mask the yellow..
Welcome to @andybond ’s slip into full restoration of a Clio 172 Cup!
(Brings back memories for me - love it)
Best thing I ever did on my Clio 182 was fit the Helix Differential…. Just saying. ![]()
Welcome to @andybond ’s slip into full restoration of a Clio 172 Cup!
(Brings back memories for me - love it)
Best thing I ever did on my Clio 182 was fit the Helix Differential…. Just saying.
I won’t be tracking this. I cannot justify the cost of a diff in a box.
It’s a slippy slope for sure