2019 LY Meg 4 Trophy manual

Soooo…
A tale woe , I haven’t been on here much lately, my back is protesting , so I’ve been clearing out, selling off and most importantly finishing this long term two wheel project, 1979 Suzuki GS1000, bought during COVID, dragged on too long, cost too much, caused too much hassle, finally ticked off.

My lads inferno 225 went, bit of a sob story, long and short of it was he had some heart trouble that I can’t spell, all turned out fine but as 225 always made it’s need for attention quite clear, he should go all in and live a bit.
New car time, Clio 220 trophy was on his radar, but only in LY, but they’re getting a bit long in tooth, seemingly good ones were several different shades of LY, cheaper ones were just beat.
I took him to see a tidy red low miler, he wasn’t having any of it…so he moved into Meg 4 RS.

280 Cup was the target, but latter end of last year , pickings were slim, cue my Brother letting him drive his 300 trophy with Recaros , he was smitten…

Same story though, he didn’t want anything other than LY, he’d gone cold on 280 cup, so we went to North Wales to look at a LY 300 Trophy…oh and it had to be manual.
The car he was keen on turned out to be …OK, but as it was in the low 20k bracket , he couldn’t live with the paintwork, bonnet had been blown over, chips and all, some fish eyes in the lacquer, evidence of paint here and there.

Now I’m not too fussy on used cars having paint, but if you can spot it first look, then walk away, it’ll only annoy you during ownership, so…they had another, seller was willing to split difference on price, this one had a few less miles, straight as you like, odd stone chip and had just had box rebuilt.

It’s unmapped, standard apart from black powder coated wheels, chrome has been wrapped and wind deflectors ( all due to go, other than wheels) my Lad was as happy as he could be…price agreed, delivery arranged, a few days later it turned up on a trailer…it turned out it enjoyed riding about on a trailer

TBC.

I hear ya, my first had an atrial septal defect (I think), found when she was only 2yo when the GP spotted a heart murmur - the words no parent wants to hear… “heart surgery”. They managed to plug it by going in the femoral artery (leg) and feeding a line up to the heart with an umbrella plug thing. Apparently it was right on the limit of what they can plug without opening the chest up but they did it. Staggering technology. She was monitored until she was 16, but never needed any further intervention. Now 20yo and about to move out of home :flushed_face:

The tiny 3mm plug that saved my kiddo.

Part two.

Not even a week into ownership I’m sat in dentists chair, feeling a great weight off my shoulders since he bought 300, no more fault codes, than my phone went, rang Spadger back, Trophy had shit itself, bong bong bong, stop stop stop, limp mode.
He doesn’t usually use car for work, but as the car had a really good warranty on it, his plan was to use it day in , day out, see if any niggles surfaced.
Well they did, he switched off, waited etc but between bouts of being OK, it just protested.
225 now gone, 300 fecked, off it goes on a trailer.

Hauler nearly wrecked front bumper when ramp slipped, Mick had to jack the front offside and block it , it’s not going well is it, come back Inferno 225 , all is forgiven.

Now the premium warranty is only premium up to a point, as in wiring is not covered, two pages of stored faults, but the stand out one present was injector related, and he didn’t think it was the injectors themselves ( no stock, no date anyway) Mick was thinking it was injector loom related, fuel pressure was a little low, but not bad enough to cause this total meltdown.

Now to go through the actual series events will just be boring, let’s just say it tested Mick patience, first it was happy, it was connected to Renault and they had lots of input, then fuel pump failed on him, then it shat its pants again, back onto Renault, then it had a wiring issues brought about by said pump, then just as it was due to come home, alternator shit itself, then warranty firm would only pay for a Renault recon.
So, after buying the car in late November, it finally made it home after Christmas…

I cannot praise Mick at Diamond enough, yes he was paid to do the work, but he kept the car and ran it to make sure it was fixed fixed, yes it took a long time , as the car clearly liked him, but if it was anywhere else it would just have got pushed back on Spadger , only for another issue to come to light, I honestly think we’d have sent it back to the vendor as a rejection.

As for the warranty, it saved our bacon, but there’s always a little sting, like the wiring wasn’t covered, they only pay UP TO 70 quid recovery, and their maximum hourly rate is a chunk off the going rate, so I think Spadger is about 400 quid lighter.

I don’t blame the vendor, I resisted going to the Red Lion and getting fat Ron in his transit pick to ’ Sort ‘im aart’ , he wasn’t to know the car was a pig, and I think unless there’s people like Mick at Diamond around we’d be stuffed, the car is far too complex for me to fault find.
Now it’s sorted, it’s a beaut, ride is too harsh for a glass back like me, but sounds fantastic , goes well, handling is amazing.
Alls well that ends well…

You know that recon Renault alternator…it was was shite, so they sent a spanker and Mick had to put that on…

My brother got scared and chopped his 10k mile 19 plate Trophy in on a new A350 AMG…
I’m back sweeping garage up, selling tat on eBay looking at fresh fodder…

We were luckier , I can say it , but can’t spell it, it was an infection in the heart sack, it’d gone on for a while with him having chest pains, but they’d sent him away from A&E six months previously, as they thought it was numor thorax , which my wife had a long history with, that and a lot of they didn’t know, so fuck off out of our hospital…we’re busy, I took him back in September and got a much better reception, staff were fantastic, proper diagnosis, specialists etc…its that moment we all dread , when they scan, x ray, ponder.
But consultant said he had a beautiful :heart:, and it was just this infection he had for a while.
So told him to ditch buying a house and get a new car, have a crack at it while you’re young and cash rich, I regretted it, we’re stuck with the big fool for a few more years!

Pneumothorax - punctured lung. Had 2 of those myself, somewhat unpleasant!

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Wind deflectors be gone, anyone want them ?
We ain’t sure whether to leave black wrap on, or revert back to Chrome on window strips/handle tops/front wing scoop trim.
I like them black with black wheels.
Southampton and back earlier in the week, not broken …yet.

I prefer the black wrapped trims over oem chrome.

Same, prefer the black :+1:

As above …

That’s settled, I’ll tell the lanky streak of piss chrome is for Granada Ghias.:grinning_face:

I’d leave it black too save the handle tops, that looks crap.