There is more to life with TurboRenault.co.uk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• This section contains the archived boards. They should be read only. If you want a thread resurrecting please message admin and we can move into the live section

Txi head on 2.2 litre block

P

psharpe

Hi all,first post for me.I've heard some of the R21 turbo guys over there have performed this conversion.A couple of us Aussies are interested in the idea.Has anyone there actually done it?Does it make grunt?Does it blow up?Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

psharpe said:
Hi all,first post for me.I've heard some of the R21 turbo guys over there have performed this conversion.A couple of us Aussies are interested in the idea.Has anyone there actually done it?Does it make grunt?Does it blow up?Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

since it's almost the same block I think it can be done

Conversion

Waste of money IMO, you could get more power and reliability from a 2.0 8v with the amount you'd spend. Plus you'd keep burning valves out, the turbo has sodium cooled valves for a reason.
The 2.2 gives better midrange, but the 2.0 with a shorter throw will rev higher before sticking a rod out the block.

Spend the dosh on a 2.0 turbo.

Again this is all in my personal opinion :wink:

Back
Top Bottom