There is more to life with TurboRenault.co.uk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quiet On Rtoc!

[quoDaveL485, plookost: 1154, member: 7"]Here at TurboRenault we have the utmost respect for all other clubs and the way their support teams choose to run them. We hope they show us the same courtesy, after all, horses for courses and all that :)

View attachment 260[/quote]
Special friend

Well, whatever your decisions are you're always welcome here.

This may be an appropriate point to mention the free forum membership :D (we are thinking up other ways to extract a few pennies from you though hahaha, but entirely voluntary)

At least I don't have a choice to make, what with being banned forever and all LOL :stop:

I'd always be happy to donate a few quid mate. I frequent a school support staff forum, and on there the admin team have added a Paypal donate button to the forum home page. That way you can donate as much, or as little as you want. Maybe something that would work here initially?

I'd always be happy to donate a few quid mate. I frequent a school support staff forum, and on there the admin team have added a Paypal donate button to the forum home page. That way you can donate as much, or as little as you want. Maybe something that would work here initially?
Like you say initially this is a great idea although I think after the first wave, it is unlikely that the masses would regularly donate (obviously a few will) but at least it gets the ball rolling financially until other avenues can be explored?
Once we are a little more established would allowing advertising on the site be a possibility? Not charging but maybe a "recommended donation" to the club?? What with the wide variety of Renault we're attracting (especially the more modern ones) there maybe a few companies interested...?

Just a thought...

That is a consideration, although we haven't discussed it properly yet but with our expected ongoing running costs being comparatively low, I think if worst comes to worst we could actually manage by posting every year asking for contributions to keep us online, as and when payment is due. As you see it now this site was projected to cost just under £300 to get online, which we wanted to fund with 10 founder members at £30 each....as it happened some outstanding work and favour calling by the benevolent Mr Bond allowed us to do it with just five people. To be honest, we couldnt have done it without him he's been an absolute legend.

(Don't let it go to your head Bond, I still want a thumbs up smiley icon lol)

Like you say initially this is a great idea although I think after the first wave, it is unlikely that the masses would regularly donate (obviously a few will) but at least it gets the ball rolling financially until other avenues can be explored?
Once we are a little more established would allowing advertising on the site be a possibility? Not charging but maybe a "recommended donation" to the club?? What with the wide variety of Renault we're attracting (especially the more modern ones) there maybe a few companies interested...?
Just a thought...

I'd be against advertising outside of the mutual relationships we're working on with CGB, Mike @ GTT Spares etc etc. Thats just IMO though, opinions may differ.

To put it in perspective, I think we could stay afloat if every member (circa 150 already!) donated a pound a year (Andy correct me if i'm wrong). Thats not much, and we have at least six months from launch until we have to worry about more expenditure.

That's totally understandable, I didn't mean just anyone to advertise, just the sort of companies that would benefit the club, (I had in mind Mike and bob) I meant people like gt tuning?, Goodrich? CAF? Euro car parts? Say a £50 donation? It would be a drop in the ocean for them, especially for a years advertising! You could cap it at 5 or 10 companies so that the costs are more than covered and adverts don't overtake the site!

OK mate thanks, we'll take that under advisement when we come to talk about it. To be honest all discussions like that will be visible to everyone anyway, we dont see the need for secret squirrel forums for the Admins.

Back
Top Bottom