There is more to life with TurboRenault.co.uk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magazine Recommendations?

Big Steve - Raider

Raspberry Ripple
Staff member
So what Magazines do you guys real/recommend? I've been a subscriber to EVO for many years but recently cancelled it because I feel like the multi million ££ cars they feature every month are although great to read, have no bearing on my real life. So I wondered if you had any others you recommend? I've had a flick round a few other options:
  • Top Gear Mag - Much like EVO
  • Retro Cars - My current favourite
  • Practical Classics - Too much focused on British cars from the 60's - 70's (MGB's, Stag's, Morris Minor's etc..)
  • Practical Performance Car - Promises a lot but the features seem to run out of steam very quickly & you don't know what's going on with various projects

I read Retro car as it has a mix of everything! Makes, styles, age etc I think it's a good read for the money (especially as I don't have to pay for it!!! :D

Bring back Max Power, from the days of Rieger kits and Tiger Stripes!
First copy of max power I bought had a gold veilside supra on the front with 700hp written across it, and ever since buying that I've been into tuning cars lol :D

But id have to say the same Steve, Retro cars gets my vote at the moment, that and I think performance French cars do some good reviews now, the last one had some nice cars in it.

I used to read Retro Cars all the time but not anymore unless there is a certain feature i want to read, I have abaolutly no interest in stripped out track cars and I find RC & to a degree PFC feature a lot of that nowadays.
EVO can be good, I like the way it's writin but as said its full to much of ££££££ cars.
PPC ... Stopped reading that years ago.
Top Gear, never bought a copy, and probably never will.
The 2 mags I find myself buying every month now are Practical Classics and Classics Monthly, there is a lot of the MGB / Triumph stuff in there but there is a lot of other stuff aswell, and over the last 2 years more 80's & 90's metal is getting featured.

Back
Top Bottom