There is more to life with TurboRenault.co.uk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gtmatt

How does the rear comp spring fit on the gt turbo any pics ?? Does it need to be pulling on comp ? Or free ?? Mine seems to be tight and hitting the u bracket

The more the spring is pulled - the more rear brake pressure is applied.

I've removed my spring and cable tied it in the least brake pressure to the back which seems better than it's ever been, it locks up nicely with the fronts now, whereas before it was locking up early.

No - the brakes work fine - I'm thinking of removing the valve full stop - it's not necessary on Fluffy - there are no rear seats, and the amount of weight that goes in the back is not really an issue.

No - the brakes work fine - I'm thinking of removing the valve full stop - it's not necessary on Fluffy - there are no rear seats, and the amount of weight that goes in the back is not really an issue.

No, wrong way around. You get MORE braking to the back when there is MORE weight in the back of the car (sits lower on the suspension)

If you remove it, with no weight in the back, you'll be facing the wrong way every time you touch the brakes.
If you lower the car on the suspension, with no weight in the back (and bias fitted), you'll be facing the wrong way every time you touch the brakes.

If you remove it, replace it with an in-car, manual bias adjuster.

For the cost of a manual adjuster and the sake of a couple of new brake lines, i'd go with the manual adjuster option (well, I AM going to). Fifty quid and the whole job is finished.

well no one gave me the right answer just wanted to know the position of the spring with no load , as stated the spring was close to the exhaust bracket,and asked for pics , sorted it now. thanks

well no one gave me the right answer just wanted to know the position of the spring with no load , as stated the spring was close to the exhaust bracket,and asked for pics , sorted it now. thanks
I dont think anyone knows, tbh...i'd probably adjust it up so the spring was under a little tension, go out and stamp on the brakes and if the rears locked i'd slacken it off a bit.

No, wrong way around. You get MORE braking to the back when there is MORE weight in the back of the car (sits lower on the suspension)

If you remove it, with no weight in the back, you'll be facing the wrong way every time you touch the brakes.
If you lower the car on the suspension, with no weight in the back (and bias fitted), you'll be facing the wrong way every time you touch the brakes.

If you remove it, replace it with an in-car, manual bias adjuster.
I got it the right way round Davo - my understanding is just what you said. My braking has been set up on a calibrator and it's bang on now as it is. Should the valve go faulty, that's when I'll be changing to in-car adjuster.

Back
Top Bottom