There is more to life with TurboRenault.co.uk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• This section contains the archived boards. They should be read only. If you want a thread resurrecting please message admin and we can move into the live section

Group buy on cooling fans.

DaveL485

Staff member
Slimline, possible to fit either side of the rad (reversable). 12 inch, 12 volt, 10 blade, 9.5 amp draw.

Overall size 12.50" wide x 11.75 " tall x 2.25 " deep and comes with manufacturers warranty.

Complete with mounting kits for your ease of use.

If I can get an order for about ten I hope to do a pair for about ?40 which is a superb price, I think it is anyway. Post, PM or ring me on 07939 989655.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gutted I just paid £150 for a pair of Spal 11" about 3 days ago.

You got my name down... lets start a list; copy and add your name to the list..

Tiny

Yowch. Even if I get stung on import tax it wont be over ?50, just need some orders now LOL

Nice one tim, me and you then :friend:

Oh dear lol

i'll find out about what i suggested... sending items abroad as a 'GIFT' either reduces a tax or makes it null and void...

Teeny?! lmao thats a new one... along with Tidler i got called the other day :confused:

Is that 2 pairs Joff or just 1 pair?

So thats

Dave
Tiny teeny thimble boy
Joff
Joffanum
Roddy

I Make that ten fans :banana:

Anyone else before I see about shipping these over?

is it not better to mount the fans at the back of the rad any way becuase if they are at the front the cooling is not as efficiant because when they cut out the fans can supposidly block some of the cold air comming thruogh the front thats what i got told any way

Simple as PYE Dave :confused:

Joc, whilst thats probably true in the most insignificant amount, there just simply isnt any room behind the rad to do it... unless you start investing in moving the rad about which is more hassle than its worth.

Plently of manufacturers mount the fans on the front these days so it cant be all bad :)

whether you mount at the front or the back, you're still restricting the airflow to a certain degree. You see a lot of cars with one on each side.. (compromise?!) lol

thats right Joff,

i have a custom made rad (massive) with 2 spalfans. Big one in front, small one engineside.

Simply because there not enough place to put a big one between the rad and the pouli.

Dave, 1 pair for me please.

is it not better to mount the fans at the back of the rad any way becuase if they are at the front the cooling is not as efficiant because when they cut out the fans can supposidly block some of the cold air comming thruogh the front thats what i got told any way

I think the difference is less then 5%.. If any.. and its also a question on speed.. and how much is infront of the radiator, like bumper and so on.. And even more important that your radiator is clean..

Because the wind that would pass anyway is just shifted up or down on the fan and still though the radiator.. Making a higher windpass on that section and therefor making zero to non effect on the the cooling.. But can check up on if you like.. :)
(cooling technician apprentice)

And Question to the fan: Is it a improved fan thats in the group buy ?

unless you start investing in moving the rad about which is more hassle than its worth.

I Beg to differ thimble boy, I think you'll find it takes half hour and some choppy choppy weldy weldy to mod the brackets, tilt the rad forward and roberts your fathers brother.......

.....you need educating in the way's of the Coventrian innovation of fabrication.....

RIGHT.

FORTY FOUR QUID gets you a pair delivered to your door, as long as we dont get stung for import tax

All still good with that?

Back
Top Bottom