There is more to life with TurboRenault.co.uk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cossie intercooler

Bishy3000

Am I right in thinking that there are 2 cossie intercoolers, 2wd and 4wd? And it's the 2wd that fit nicely behind a standard r5 bumper?

The 2wd cooler has a pipe coming off the top that you need to cut and aluminium weld. I had this done by northern radiator group along with a pressure test and a paint. It cost about £60 not cheap but at least I know its ready for boost. Although it's been sat in my shed for months. Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 12
They certainly do fit nicely. I bought one off ebay a few years back for £60 so they arnt expensive. They are about the perfect size to fit under the cross member behind the bottom grill in the front bumper. I never got around to fitting mine so sold it to a mate who had just turbo`d his 1980`s BMW 325.

The 2wd cooler has a pipe coming off the top that you need to cut and aluminium weld. I had this done by northern radiator group along with a pressure test and a paint. It cost about £60 not cheap but at least I know its ready for boost. Although it's been sat in my shed for months. Haha
Fancy selling it?
Thanks for the info guys! :i-m_so_happy.gif:

I want to put the same setup on my grey ph2. Already got the cossiecooler welded
It looks like you need to move the radiator a bit to make room between the rad en alternator.
How many 90° bends and how thick do you need? reduction bends too?

thx

4 90 degree silicone hoses and 1 large (length wise) 90 degree (see the blue one on my set up). Or just 5 No 90's depending how you want it to look like from the top. Id guess the photo andy posted uses a regular 90 just with more ali tubing at the top. Get some ali tubing to suit the size and cut to lengths to make the run.

Looking at my set up, i have the large blue 90 going down passed the alt, this goes on to alloy tubing, then a 90 to the rear of the IC.

On the turbo side, its simply 3 90's and some tubing cut to length.

oh and dont forget the straight connector to the carb, this is sometimes a reducer depending on your tube sizes.

Back
Top Bottom