There is more to life with TurboRenault.co.uk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clio 182 megane head conversion?

Adey

Parts bin raider
Staff member
any one have any details of the conversion? also what power doed the meggy make when mapped up?

I seem to recall the heads are the same bar a threaded hole for an idler pulley, with some carefully marking and a steady drill it can be added without the need to source a meggy head.
The block has an oil return already there which needs opening up, that way you can use the clio block and maintain the gearbox, the 6 speed doesn't fit without massive amounts of work.

Power wise I couldn't give a figure, isn't massive increase iirc but the improved power delivery and economy is the main benefit from a remap

Help that helps and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, I was also researching the conversion for a rainy day :grin.gif:

That's what I've been looking at, drop on the complete top end including manifolds off a megane as a quick easy(ish) turbo conversion....

This is what my turbo build is adey, is a bit of a pain, down pipe fouls the master cylinder and unless to change it for a 406 V6 one and make new brake line which I did, need a link pipe made to match up to 182 exhaust boost pipe works need custom made then there's needing a standalone ecu

Not quick to do as you'd expect but if you have the time bash on

have you got any pics of down the back of your engine? does it foul with the oem meggy downpipe? could a custom downpipe be made to sort the issue?

have you got any pics of down the back of your engine? does it foul with the oem meggy downpipe? could a custom downpipe be made to sort the issue?
@Adeyspec , lots of people get a sidewinder turbo setup to combat this.

I had a 172 turbo , log manifold , t28 , low comp. the Meg downpipe is a strange 3 bolt fitment that fits a TD04 14t.

Back
Top Bottom