There is more to life with TurboRenault.co.uk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• This section is for your cars project updates only. For technical queries please field them in technical

Loltus Exige

andybond

DataHoover
Staff member
Well done - I love those kind of finds/fixes and sure you said nicer things to the car after šŸ˜…

I would look to sort the fuse/relay blocks before it lets you down when you have a fun track day booked......or other less than useful timing.

Would see alarm as a secondary to the core wiring issue.

I used to have all sorts of fun with vx220 relay and fuse blocks in corner of the boot......along with the slightly well known connector of doom.
Its on my list of things to do @Duncan Grier. I am starting to look at the electric schematics to see whats going on.

One thing I do know, it did this when on the OE ECU as well, so I know its not an aftermarket loom adapter that is at fault.

andybond

DataHoover
Staff member
Spurred on by my recent success I am now looking what the Switch pack module controls

Taken from here : Lotus Elise Switch Pack Module Repair

Sidelights
Dip Beam Headlights
Main Beam Headlights
Daytime Running Lights Control
Rear Fog Lights
**Illumination**
Soft Touch Button Control
Button Tell Tale Warning Light Drive

Re-Circ Motor Control
Air Con switching functions.

I sort of do have an illumination issue, but no mention of anything to do with starting , or not starting.

The site does mention :

Common faults include relay failure, **circuits switching on and staying on** and random circuit activations.

I have no idea if the odometer / temp area is on a separate relay to the regular backlights on the dials though

andybond

DataHoover
Staff member
I have been out for a Friday night shakedown post my wiring exploits

I can confirm :

1) The car goes well
2) Nothing is broken that wasnt broken before
3) If you see a white mini cooper with blacked out rear windows I went to the right at the junction. He wouldnt have seen which way I went after being 13cm from my rear bumper in a 30 zone

andybond

DataHoover
Staff member
Tonight I changed over the throttle spring and took off the support that routes the cable throttle , and the spring.

A word of advice. Never , ever , ever take off that triangle. Ever.

I have never sworn so much before trying to get two bolts into captive nuts whilst upside down.

2hours of my life I will never get back

IMG_3843.jpeg

Wobba

I miss my S1 Elise :( Fairly impractical, yes, but a hoot to drive!? Totally. And that car attracted more oestrogen-filled humans than any other. I WISH I had bought an S1 Exige when prices were stupidly low.

Top Bottom